EXCELLENT SERVICE | QUALITY PRODUCTS | COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
O&W, Inc. is a beer distributor delivering over 160 brands of beer and specialty beverages from over 50 suppliers to Washtenaw, Livingston, Western Wayne, Jackson, Monroe, Lenawee, and Hillsdale Counties in Southeastern Michigan.
– Maintain strong relationships with our Suppliers to grow their brands.
– Build a lasting rapport with our customer base.
– Provide quality products and service which exceeds our customer’s expectations.
– Enrich the communities we service through charitable giving, event participation and alcohol awareness programming.
– Incorporate environmental sustainability in all areas of our business.
– Develop a stable and challenging work environment for all employees.
– Reinforce continuous improvements in the workplace through and open door team philosophy of management.
– Create a spirit of family and unity to distinguish ourselves from the rest.
– Provide growth and advancement to talented employees.
Total market area covers Washtenaw, Livingston, Jackson, Hillsdale, Lenawee, Monroe and western Wayne Counties. This area borders the actual city of Detroit, spanning the Ohio border and across four counties about 2100sq miles.
The territory is unique including University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University’s campuses, over 135 Golf Courses and has both an Urban and Rural mix of customers. Some communities surrounding already densely populated cities and lake communities are rapidly growing and others are changing with the economic conditions in Michigan.
DTW – Detroit Metro Airport is Romulus.
Michigan International Speedway is in Brooklyn, MI, in Lenawee County where 500,000 people visit twice a summer forNASCAR race weekends.
Total population approx 2 million people.
We service 2270 accounts.
O&W is located central to our selling territory, in Ypsilanti township.
We also offer services in:
- Draft Solutions, Fair and Festival needs
- Graphic Design and custom printed materials
- Cooler and warm shelf reset services
- Tips training and custom Alcohol Responsibility programs
TOUR THE WAREHOUSE
A new Warehouse was built in 2003, where all facets of the business reside.
The facility is 135,000sq feet on 13 acres of land.
We are centrally located in our selling territory with the longest travel time being about 60 minutes in any direction.
The 35,000sq foot expansion on the North side of the warehouse is complete!
The new space adds 25,000sq feet oftemperature controlled beer floor space,
7,500sq foot keg cooler to the back of the warehouse and 2,500sq feet of cold docking space to load beer right into the keg cooler from the trucks.
Package beer resides in 65,000sq feet of temperature controlled space, set at 66 degrees.
The main storage area hold the highest volume packages. Two main pick areas hold 95% of the SKU's picked everyday.
Our newly expanded Keg Cooler is now 12,500sq ft of 38-40 degree, temperature controlled cold space housing our keg beer and packaged craft beer.
Kegged and craft beer are both loaded in and loaded directly from this space
The Drive Thru is one of the busiest places in the warehouse but you wouldn’t know it. The trucks are loaded at night and parked inside for the driver’s to take out the next morning at 5am. Once the deliveries are done and the trucks come on back home, they are stripped of the empties here also. In between all the action, we wash the floor every day.
Empties are brought back to the warehouse and the cans are crushed by this machine, and then made into bricks.
This is one brick of crushed cans, about 13 cases
Here is a finished pallet of crushed cans, about 30,000 cans!
Pallets are then loaded onto a Schupan Recycling semi parked out back and they come 2 to 3 times a month to pick up all the crushed cans and process them at their plant in Kalamazoo, MI.
As P.O.S. arrives daily, it is sorted by brand and stored in the P.O.S. room so it is easy for the Sales Team to “shop”.
The Sign shop is next door and is where we create all of our custom banners, signs and posters on large format printers.