New Belgium Brewing Company
We’ve been putting the NEW in BELGIUM since 1991. It starts with the Belgian brewing tradition of ignoring tradition. Add in our Belgian brewmaster Peter Bouckaert and his imaginative blend of brewing delicious beers with loads of character and aspiring ingredients.
If you really want to learn about our beer and the brewmasters behind it, we invite you to pull up a recycled bike rim stool, crack open a bottle and read the descriptions here. On each beer page, you will find important and even somewhat enlightening information about each beer…. OUR BEERS
The Story of New Belgium Brewing Company began in 1989. Belgium. Boy on bike. (Ok, make that a young man of 32).
As our aspiring young homebrewer rides his mountain bike with “fat tires” through European villages famous for beer, New Belgium Brewing Companywas but a glimmer in his eye. Or basement. For Jeff Lebesch would return to Fort Collins with a handful of ingredients and an imagination full of recipes.
And then there was beer.
Jeff’s first two basement-brewed creations? A brown dubbel with earthy undertones named Abbey and a remarkably well-balanced amber he named Fat Tire. To say the rest was history would be to overlook his wife’s involvement. Kim Jordan was New Belgium’s first bottler, sales rep, distributor, marketer and financial planner.
The Core Values and Beliefs that Kim and Jeff built New Belgium Brewing Company on. Before they ever sold a bottle of beer, they hiked into Rocky Mountain National Park with a jug of home brew in one hand and pen and pad in the other. Together, they wrote down what they wanted to instill into this business dream of theirs.
New Belgium Brewing Purpose Statement:
To operate a profitable brewery which makes our love and talent manifest.
Company Core Values and Beliefs
- Remembering that we are incredibly lucky to create something fine that enhances people’s lives while surpassing our consumers’ expectations.
- Producing world-class beers.
- Promoting beer culture and the responsible enjoyment of beer.
- Kindling social, environmental and cultural change as a business role model.
- Environmental stewardship: Honoring nature at every turn of the business.
- Cultivating potential through learning, high involvement culture, and the pursuit of opportunities.
- Balancing the myriad needs of the company, our coworkers and their families.
- Trusting each other and committing to authentic relationships and communications.
- Continuous, innovative quality and efficiency improvements.
- Having Fun.
To read more of the story of New Belgium Brewing Company and learn about their alternatively powered, employee owned brewery, click here.
Available in 22oz bottles until draft rides in on Thanksgiving!
County Availability: Washtenaw and Livingston