O&W, Inc. Market Area
- O&W is located central to our selling territory, in Ypsilanti township.
- Total market area covers Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe and western Wayne Counties. This area borders the actual city of Detroit, spanning the Ohio border and across four counties about 2100sq miles.
- The territory is unique including University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University’s campuses, over 90 Golf Courses and has both an Urban and Rural mix of customers. Some communities surrounding already densely populated cities and lake communities are rapidly growing and others are changing with the economic conditions in Michigan.
- Total population approx 1.1 million people.
Learn more about our market areas:
- Washtenaw County is located in southeast Michigan, covering an area of 720 square miles.
- Its 27 cities, townships and villages are home to about 325,000 citizens in urban, suburban, and rural settings with an influx of over 50,000 college students during the school year.
- The two largest cities are Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, homes to two large universities – the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti.
- This is the fastest growing area in the selling territory.
- It is a very recreational community scattered with lakes, a ski mountain, 15 golf courses, and is a large hunting area.
- SEMCOG projects that the Livingston County population will grow by a total of 125,601 persons between 2000 and 2030 (a change of 80%).
Western Wayne County
Western Wayne County
- Wayne County is located in southeastern Michigan, encompassing approximately 623 square miles. It is made up of 34 cities, including the city of Detroit, nine townships and 41 public school districts.
- Its population of approximately 2.1 million makes it the most populous county in the State of Michigan and the eleventh most populous county in the Nation, however O&W only services the western portion of the county including the cities of Northville, Plymouth, Westland, Livonia, Dearborn Height, Redford, Canton, Wayne and Romulus.
- O&W’s territory in Wayne County extends as far north as 8 Mile Rd. bordering Oakland County, east to Telegraph Rd. and to our neighboring territory in Monroe County to the south.
- Residents of Western Wayne County can get to downtown Detroit for sports and entertainment venues in less than 20 minutes.
- Monroe County, Michigan is Michigan’s southeastern most County, and is Michigan’s only port on Lake Erie. It is situated directly between Detroit to the north and Toledo, Ohio to the south.
- Monroe County is characterized by urban and industrial development along its eastern shoreline, and agriculture in its western sector. It has two coal-fired power plants, and one nuclear power plant.
- The lake shore offers many fishing and boating opportunities, and harbors North America’s only International Wildlife Refuge.